Survival Begins With The Knowledge
Copyright 2015 BMS School LLC. All rights reserved.
Each student will be required to sign a waiver Click HERE for waiver
Please note that all gear must fit in your pack or on your person, you must be able to trek in to the training site.
Please note that some courses are kept to a minimum of students for instructing purposes. This course is limited to 8 students.
The SC-1004-1 course is one of our most difficult and is designed to be a true test of self-reliance for each student. The student will spend three nights and four days in the woods and or swamp of Florida. Using minimum gear and navigating to three different campsites over the trip building a different shelter location each night and sleeping in it. Each student will learn the skills needed to survive the environment using minimal gear. Each student will learn how to construct traps, snares and primitive survival tools. As well as survival back country first aid. Each student will learn land navigation skills (Map & Compass) set a pace count and how to read a Topo map. Each student will have a full understanding of land navigation to keep them from getting lost, how to find their location on a map and how to get to where they need to go.
Required Gear to complete this course.
- Water Container / Canteen, Water Bottle (metal)
- Fire Making Kit, Flint, Magnesium Fire Starter or equivalent
- Fixed Blade Knife 4" to 6" blade recommended
- Utensils, spoon, fork or spork (only one)
- Personal First Aid Kit with X-Med's
- Small roll of toilet paper
- Snacks, trail mix, power bars, so on
- Plan for 5 main meals, 2 evening 1 lunch and 2 breakfast, MRE's, Freeze Dried meals and so on.
- Appropriate clothing for expected conditions and footwear.
- Change of clothing, socks, underwear, shirt so on
- Head Gear Hat and or bandana
- Watch, with hands, NOT digital
- Hygiene Kit, towel, hand wipes
- Other snacks, jerky, energy bars, drink mix, tea, coffee, gum, candy, slim jims
- Ant thing Not on the list above
- Game For Fire / Evening Meal
Note: All packs and gear subject to inspection prior to leaving vehicles, all contraband items will be left behind.