Survival Begins With The Knowledge
Copyright 2015 BMS School LLC. All rights reserved.
Each student will be required to sign a waiver Click HERE for waiver
Please note that all gear must fit in your pack or on your person, you must be able to trek in to the training site.
Please note that some courses are kept to a minimum of students for instructing purposes. This course is limited to 8 students.
The SC-1003-1 course is where things really get going for the student to become completely self-reliant. The student will spend three nights and four days in the woods and or swamp of Florida. Each student will spend the first two days learning the skills needed to survive the environment using minimal gear. Each student will build a shelter using the surrounding resources and sleep in it with no tent or sleeping bag. The third day each student will learn how to construct traps, snares and primitive survival tools such as spears, frog gigs and fish hooks. The forth day each student will learn survival back country first aid.
Required Gear to complete this course.
- Water Container / Canteen, Water Bottle (metal)
- Fire Making Kit, Flint, Magnesium Fire Starter or equivalent
- Fixed Blade Knife 4" to 6" blade recommended
- Utensils, spoon, fork or spork (only one item)
- Personal First Aid Kit with X-Med's
- Small roll of toilet paper
- Snacks, trail mix, power bars, so on
- Plan for 5 main meals, 2 evening 1 lunch and 2 breakfast, MRE's, Freeze Dried meals and so on.
- Appropriate clothing for expected conditions and footwear.
- Change of clothing, socks, underwear, shirt so on
- Head Gear Hat and or bandana
- Watch, with hands, NOT digital
- Hygiene Kit, towel, hand wipes
- Other snacks, jerky, energy bars, drink mix, tea, coffee, gum, candy, slim jims
- Anything Not on the list above
- Game For Fire / Evening Meal
Note: All packs and gear subject to inspection prior to leaving vehicles, all contraband items will be left behind.